Aglio e Olio (Garlic & Olive Oil)
- 1/2lb of Spaghetti alla Chitarra from D'Orazio's D'Pasta Co.
- Garlic, 3 cloves
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1/4 cup
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, finely grated
- Remove the skin from the garlic cloves and either smash them or slice them into small slices. You want as much surface area as possible so they release the maximum amount of flavor into your sauce.
- Fill a deep pot with water, add a generous amount of sea salt and bring it to a vigorously rolling boil.
- Place a large skillet on a low heat and add your olive oil to it.
- Place your pasta in the water and set a timer for 7 minutes.
- Place your smashed or sliced garlic into the olive oil & increase the heat to medium. Set a timer for 2 minutes and gently stir the garlic around the pot to keep it from burning. The goal here is to achieve a perfect golden brown color.
- After 2 minutes have elapsed take about 1/2 cup of water from the boiling pasta and add it to the olive oil & garlic mixture.
- Allow the water in the olive oil and garlic mixture to evaporate. (Optional; enjoy a sip of wine and marvel at your amazing culinary skills! Look at you!)
- Now, for the final step! Scoop the pasta from the pot and add it to the skillet pan filled with your glistening handmade aglio e olio sauce! Toss the pasta around in the sauce to allow it to get evenly coated and then you are ready to serve!
- P.S. Always feel free to dress Aglio e Olio up by sprinkling on some fresh herbs or spice it up with some cracked red peppers. Your imagination is truly the limit when it comes to crafting an aglio e olio specifically for you!